Since the release of Connection Suite version 2.38 onwards, the Dualog ESET Antivirus solution has been completely overhauled.
If your ship is already equipped with an older version of the Dualog ESET Antivirus, you will need to uninstall every instance of the Dualog ESET Antivirus from every PC on board, including the Dualog PC, in order to install the new, improved version.
- Connection Suite version 2.38 or later installed on the Dualog PC.
- A valid and latest ESET base update package
DUALOG ANTIVIRUS SERVER INSTALLATION
The Dualog ESET Server installer has two features. It will copy the Antivirus Client installer and extract and copy the ESET base update package into the Connection Suite installation folder. This installer is compatible with both 32 and 64-bit versions of Windows and has no uninstaller, as it only copies ﬁles into an existing Connection Suite installation.
- Double-click on the Dualog Antivirus Server Installer placed on the Dualog PC to initiate the installation wizard. (Click on Yes if you are prompted with the User Access Control)
- Click on "Next" until you are prompted to select the base update.
3. When prompted to select where the antivirus base file is located, click on the "Browse" button > Navigate to the location where the file is stored, select the file > press "Next".
4. Review the chosen parameters > click on the "Install" button to confirm.
5. Once the installation is completed successfully, ensure that "Install Dualog Antivirus Client" is checked to proceed further with the ESET installation.
- DUALOG ANTIVIRUS CLIENT INSTALLATION
- After finishing the above installation wizard, you will now proceed with the Antivirus installation. (Click on Yes if you are prompted with the User Access Control)
2. Click on "Next", browse and select the destination folder for the installation > Click "Next"
3. The next step is choosing the folder where the weekly antivirus update files will be stored. The default location will normally be used. Press "Next" to continue.
4. The next step of the installation is choosing whether to perform a silent installation or to see the full interactive user interface for the installer. Press "Next" to continue.
TAKE NOTE! This option will be enabled on "Windows Server" Operating Systems automatically for the installation. (Please refer to the next section specifically for "Window Server" Operating systems as well)
5. Next, an option will appear where it will be possible to block access to USB/FireWire storage on the computer. It is not important to choose now, this option can be manually enabled or disabled at a later stage.
6. Verify all installation parameters and settings before pressing "Install" to start the installation.
7. The installation of the Antivirus is now finished. Press "Finish" to close the Setup Wizard.
8. Launch ESET from the taskbar.
Your PC is now protected by the Dualog ESET Antivirus installation. Two new services have been added at the Operative System-level (Dualog Agent and Dualog Client Upgrade) and they will be responsible to communicate with the shore servers and make sure that the Antivirus is correctly updated to the latest signature.
In the case of multiple signature updates from the Cloud, it might take some time until the client is fully updated and the current version is correctly displayed.
- ESET ENDPOINT SETUP (FOR WINDOW SERVER OS ONLY)
- If you are installing Antivirus on Window Server OS, the following steps would be shown and have to be performed
- Click "Next", the setup will indicate ESET Endpoint Antivirus will be installed on a Window Server OS
- Proceed to accept the terms and click "Next".
- Uncheck "ESET LiveGrid"> click "Next > Enable/Disable detection and proceed with the installation.
- Click "Finish" to complete the setup wizard and launch ESET from the taskbar.