Since the release of Connection Suite version 2.38 onwards, the Dualog ESET Antivirus solution has been completely overhauled.
This article provides the step by step instructions on downloading the antivirus client installer directly from the ship Dualog connection suite and the installation procedure.
- Connection Suite version 2.38 or later installed on the Dualog PC.
- Antivirus Client installer file (downloadable from the Connection Suite interface onboard).
- ANTIVIRUS CLIENT INSTALLER DOWNLOAD
- Login to the ship Dualog Connection Suite with an appropriate account > Click on the menu located on the top-left corner > Under External Links > Antivirus installer.
- If there is no download link, it could be due to the account used does not have the relevant access or the Antivirus software is not correctly installed on the Dualog PC. Please make sure that the Dualog Antivirus software is installed on the Dualog PC or check with Dualog support.
- The installer will be downloaded automatically and saved to the designated download local directory of the web browser used.
- ANTIVIRUS CLIENT INSTALLATION PROCEDURE
- Double-click on the Dualog_Antivirus_Client_Installer.exe to initiate the installation wizard. (Click on Yes if you are prompted with the User Access Control)
2. Click on "Next", browse and select the destination folder for the installation > Click "Next"
3. The next step is choosing the folder where the weekly antivirus update files will be stored. The default location will normally be used. Press "Next" to continue.
4. The next step of the installation is choosing whether to perform a silent installation or to see the full interactive user interface for the installer. Press "Next" to continue.
TAKE NOTE! This option will be enabled on "Windows Server" Operating Systems automatically for the installation. (Please refer to the next section specifically for "Window Server" Operating systems as well)
5. Next, an option will appear where it will be possible to block access to USB/FireWire storage on the computer. It is not important to choose now, this option can be manually enabled or disabled at a later stage.
6. Verify all installation parameters and settings before pressing "Install" to start the installation.
7. The installation of the Antivirus is now finished. Press "Finish" to close the Setup Wizard.
8. Launch ESET from the taskbar.
Your PC is now protected by the Dualog ESET Antivirus installation. Two new services have been added at the Operative System-level (Dualog Agent and Dualog Client Upgrade) and they will be responsible to communicate with the shore servers and make sure that the Antivirus is correctly updated to the latest signature.
In the case of multiple signature updates from the Cloud, it might take some time until the client is fully updated and the current version is correctly displayed.
- ESET ENDPOINT SETUP (FOR WINDOW SERVER OS ONLY)
- If you are installing Antivirus on Window Server OS, the following steps would be shown and have to be performed
- Click "Next", the setup will indicate ESET Endpoint Antivirus will be installed on a Window Server OS
- Proceed to accept the terms and click "Next".
- Uncheck "ESET LiveGrid"> click "Next > Enable/Disable detection and proceed with the installation.
- Click "Finish" to complete the setup wizard and launch ESET from the taskbar.
Please sign in to leave a comment.