It is possible to restrict access to some specific category of internet sites containing sensitive or illegal content. The categorized content filtering is built around one or more policies defined for a company. Any HTTP page can be qualified for restriction.
To activate categorized content filtering there must be at least one content filtering policy created.
The categorized content filtering must be configured from the shore interface on dualog.net. This requires the user to be a member of a user group that has access to the HTTP Proxy setup configuration.
Categorized content filtering is configured from:
Network Control - > HTTP Proxy setup -> Content Filter
- HOW TO CREATE A NEW POLICY
- To get started, at least one policy must exist. Click the "New" button to create a new policy. Please note that it is not possible to delete a policy after it has been created.
- After the policy has been created, it must be named. This name should be a short one, as it is appearing in drop-downs in the configuration. The description is optional.
“Redirect to” describes where users are redirected in case they try to access a web page that is restricted. If this is left blank, it will be set to the Dualog default block page. This address must be a valid HTTP address, and the address must start with http://.
After the name has been entered, click save – and then “Refresh Data” in the top right corner.
- CHOOSE CATEGORIES TO BLOCK
3. After clicking “Refresh Data”, a list of categories available for content filtering becomes
available. Choose the categories that should be blocked in this policy and click save.
4. The default setting for ships with HTTP Proxy enabled is to follow the company policy for
content filtering. If this drop-down is used, all ships using company default will
automatically be filtered using the selected policy.