Every time Dualog Connection Suite is uninstalled from a server and reinstalled on a new server, be it onboard a ship or at an office, the new server needs to be manually acknowledged onshore to avoid the risk of running more than one installation of our services on the same vessel/office account.
When a Dualog Connection Suite installation needs a Hardware ID reset, it will display an "Illegal Ship ID/ Password" error message when trying to connect on the new server.
Note: This procedure is not necessary when installing Dualog Connection Suite for the first time.
- HOW TO RESET THE HARDWARE ID ON DUALOG APPS PORTAL
- Login to Dualog Apps Portal with an admin account with enough privileges to reset the hardware ID of a ship/office account.
- Click on the hamburger icon located on the top left corner > Go to Connection Suite > CS Ship Setup
- Search and select the vessel requires a reset of the Hardware ID.
- Under the General tab > Ship Info > Click on "Reset Hardware ID"
- The user will be prompted with a confirmation message > Click on "Reset Hardware ID" to proceed
6. The Hardware ID for the intended Vessel or the office installation is now reset.
The user may try connecting from the new installation and verify that the "Illegal Ship ID/Password" error message is gone.
New Hardware ID will be registered upon a successful connection from the new installation.