Every time Dualog Connection Suite is uninstalled from a server and reinstalled on a new server, be it onboard a ship or at an office, the new server needs to be manually acknowledged on shore to avoid the risk of running more than one installation of our services on the same vessel / office account.
When a Dualog Connection Suite installation needs an Hardware ID reset, it will display an "Illegal Ship ID/ Password" error message when trying to connect.
Note that this procedure is not necessary when installing Dualog Connection Suite for the first time.
- HOW TO RESET THE HARDWARE ID ON DUALOG.NET
- Login to https://dualog.net with an admin account with enough privileges to reset the hardware ID of a ship/office account.
- Select "Remote Config" > "Choose Ship"
- Type the Ship name / Account name you wish to reset the Hardware ID for.
- On the window that appears, select the "System" tab.
- Click on the "Advanced..." button to summon a pop-up configuration window.
- Click on "Reset id" link, then click "OK"
- Click on the "Save" button.
The Hardware ID for the intended Vessel or the office installation is now reset. Try connecting from the new installation and verify that the "Illegal Ship ID/Password" error message is gone.