This article will provide step-by-step instructions on how to set up both MX and SPF records of a domain for Dualog mail services.
A central part of the Dualog Cloud environment, Dualog® MailDefence™ is an enterprise-grade security solution that integrates with Dualog® Business Mail, Dualog® Crew Mail, or other cloud-based mail solutions to protect your business & crew accounts from phishing, spoofing, malware, ransomware, zero-day viruses, and other malware.
Please contact your domain provider or domain administrator if you are unsure how to add SPF or DNS TXT records to your domain.
Please write an email to email@example.com with the details if you wish to utilize your company domain for your vessels, with emails redirected from your mail servers to Dualog.
Be aware that such an implementation may reduce the efficiency of Dualog's anti-spoofing features.
- Point the MX records of the domain to mx1.dualog.com (preference 10)
- Add the following SPF record to the domain as a DNS TXT record:
v=spf1 include:_spf.dualog.com -all
Do note, you can only have one SPF record for a domain. If you already have an SPF record, please update it to also contain:
3. Reach out to Dualog support via firstname.lastname@example.org and state the domain(s) that you would like to set up under your organization in Dualog.
4. Upon receiving the confirmation, you are all set to create the relevant accounts and complete setting up the Dualog Mail service!
Customers who want additional protection against email spoofing from their domain, prevent their outgoing emails from being falsely identified as spoofed emails, and be in adherence with the best security practices - should click on the following to find out:
- General Information - How to mitigate email spoofing attacks through SPF, DKIM, and DMARC
- How to setup DKIM and DMARC through Dualog