Instant Vessel Kit, often abbreviated to IVK, is used to restore the Oracle database used by Dualog Connection Suite to a clean state.
- Download and place the Instant Vessel Kit on the Dualog server in question. (The IVK version must be the same as the installed Dualog Connection Suite version.)
- Latest Startpack to the Dualog server.
- The latest or a recent IMAP backup available for email restoration, as an IVK will wipe the entire MailStore.
HOW TO PERFORM AN INSTANT VESSEL KIT
Ensure you have the correct Instant Vessel Kit version and the latest Startpack file on the Dualog server.
- Run 'Instant Vessel Kit' as an administrator, and select "yes" to any prompts, it will then stop all Dualog services.
- When all services have been successfully stopped, the IVK setup wizard will appear. You may proceed by selecting 'Next' > Navigate locally to the newly acquired Start Pack file before proceeding to select 'Install'.
- The setup wizard will proceed with the necessary, followed by initializing the database with the contents of the Start Pack file. This process may take some time depending primarily on the disk speed and database size.
- Once everything is successful, click on 'Next' > 'Finish'.
The IVK procedure is now complete, and it is recommended to perform a reboot.
You may then proceed to confirm that Dualog Connection Suite is working by logging in and performing a manual connection, followed by any potential IMAP Restore.
Please sign in to leave a comment.