Sometimes, external third party eMail clients are unable to parse some messages and may return a memory buffer exception warning. It is possible to log the interaction between mail clients and the Dualog IMAP server on board the ship to identify the issue.
- IMAP STORAGE SERVER ISSUES AND MIME
There are one or more messages that either have been wrongly MIME parsed at insert or the source file stored on disk has been altered after parsing. The IMAP service parses the MIME on insert to have a register of all MIME message body parts of a message (including the start and end byte index on the source file). These pieces of information are stored in the IMAPBODYPART database table.
The Outlook error: "Exception: Invalid end position. Outside of memory buffer allocated for mail" suggests that the end byte index exceeds the size of the source file.
- HOW TO ENABLE IMAP COMMAND LOGGING
In order to pinpoint the message(s) that are causing this error, it is possible to enable command logging for IMAP.
- Open the registry (regedit) in windows
- Access HKLM/Software/Dualog/ImapServer
- Click with the right mouse button on the right hand pane of the registry window
- Select New -> String Value
- Call the string "LogProtocol" (without quotation marks) and hit enter
- Double-click on the newly created string, and when prompted for a Value data, type "True" (without quotation marks) and click on OK.
The new log entries will be integrated in the DualogImapServer logfile within the LogDir folder on the main Connection Suite install folder.