This article provides a step-by-step guide on getting started with Dualog® Drive and experiencing the benefits first-hand.
- A valid Dualog portal account (Click here to sign up)
- An existing organization within the Dualog portal (You can create one upon successful registration of an account)
- One or more 'vessels' and 'office' in the portal to use for your testing
- One Windows PC per vessel and office to install on (Later versions of Windows 7 or newer)
- A modern web browser on the PCs to do the client registration
- A user in the Dualog Portal with access to your organization
- The following needs to be allowed by the firewall (if applicable)
- Destination: apps.dualog.com
- IP address: 22.214.171.124
- Port(s): 443, 4443
- Protocol: TCP/UDP
1.1 - SETTING UPEvery Drive task needs two things: One or more vessels and an office.
- Expand the top left menu > Organisation
- Click on "Add Ship" under Ships > New Setup > Continue
- Fill in the necessary fields > Add Ship (Note: Depending on your preferences, this could be a test vessel or a live vessel)
- Click on "Add Office" under Offices > Enter office name > Add Office
1.2 - INSTALLATION
Dualog® Drive can be easily installed in 5 minutes using Dualog Client Installer.
This must be installed on the endpoint(s)/machine(s) with which you plan to test Dualog® Drive.
The installation is very straightforward and will take you through the following steps:
- Double click the installer to run the initial installation
- Pick only Drive when prompted to select products
- The local webpage will open to continue the installation. If it does not open, go to http://127.0.0.1:5000
- An automated connectivity test will run to ensure it can do all resolving
- Client registration
- You'll be prompted to log in with your portal user
- Select the vessel you wish to install the client under
- Give the client a name that has meaning to you, e.g. "Captain's PC"
1.3 - TASK CREATION
You are now ready to create your very first Drive task!
Expand the top left menu > Drive
To learn more about each type, the differences, and use cases, click on "Read about the sync task" and "Read about the move task."
Before proceeding with further experimental tests, begin with a simple Move Task between the newly created vessel and office to learn more about the core concept of Dualog® Drive.
1.4 - LET'S TEST!
Now that you have successfully completed the above steps, the folder(s) that you have previously created on the individual task should now populate automatically on the respective installations.
Place a file within the folder of the source installation and watch the magic happen!
- The file should disappear for a brief moment before reappearing in the destination installation's folder.
Feel free to play around with both types of Drive tasks to get a sense of the various options available, as well as a better understanding of the differences between what Move and Sync tasks have to offer.
If you wish to lean back and watch a video, you can watch a good webinar on Dualog Drive here.
You can also read this great e-book on the top 5 use cases of Dualog Drive here.