Be aware that the upgrade process described is only valid for ConnectionSuite installations with a dedicated Oracle server installed as part of the Connection Suite installation. If an external Oracle installation (shared with other applications) is used, do not proceed with the upgrade.
Before starting the procedure, make sure the following installation files are available:
- Oracle 21c XE Installer (1.83GB)
- ConnectionSuite 3.12 Full Installer (x64) // ConnectionSuite 3.12 Full Installer (x86)
Note: Only compatible with Dualog Connection Suite 3.12
Below are the System requirements for running Oracle 21c XE:
Oracle Database XE for Windows x64 is supported on the following operating system versions:
Oracle certifies the following virtualization technologies with Oracle Database on Windows:
For more detailed information on certified Oracle VM Server combinations, check My Oracle Support note 464754.1. For more information on certified Hyper-V combinations, you can visit:
8.5 gigabytes minimum for Oracle software, plus 2 gigabytes or more for temporary storage
2 gigabytes RAM minimum
You must log on to the ConnectionSuite computer as a local administrator. This logon must be used throughout the entire upgrade process.
The procedure of upgrading ConnectionSuite to use Oracle 21 is divided into the following steps. Make sure these steps are carried out in the correct order:
- Ensure that there is the latest IMAP backup and store a copy of the backup in another safe directory
- Uninstall the existing ConnectionSuite version
- Uninstall the existing Oracle 11G
- Reboot the machine
- Proceed to install Oracle 21c XE using the previously-downloaded Oracle 21c XE Installer
- Reboot the machine
- Proceed to install the full ConnectionSuite 3.12
- Restore the IMAP backup
INSTALLING ORACLE 21C XE
- Before installing Oracle 21C XE, please ensure that the above steps 1 to 4 have been performed and completed successfully
- If this is a fresh installation on a clean or new machine, you may proceed directly with the following.
- Unzip the Oracle 21c XE Installer > Execute the setup.exe file within.
- Follow through the wizard and set the installation directory to C:\dualog\oraclexe (This should always be installed at the same root directory as the Dualog system itself)
- Create the database password (This will be used by the subsequent Dualog connection suite installation in the later part of the procedure and by Dualog Support for troubleshooting)
- Proceed to install, where the wizard will install the needful automatically
- Oracle 21c XE is now successfully installed
- Please take note of the highlighted information as well.
Note: If any error is encountered during the installation process, please get in touch with Dualog support and provide a screenshot of the error message.
INSTALLING DUALOG CONNECTION SUITE 3.12
- You may now proceed to install Dualog Connection Suite 3.12 on the same machine with ConnectionSuite 3.12 Full Installer (x64) // ConnectionSuite 3.12 Full Installer (x86)
- Follow through the wizard and ensure that it is installed in the same root directory as the Oracle 21c XE (Default = C:\dualog)
- The same applies to the Mail Store as well
- You will be prompted with the following:
- Select "Use an Oracle DB that is already installed" > Next
- The wizard will proceed to extract and install the needed files and services
- If the previous Oracle 21c XE installation is successful with no issues, the following fields will be automatically filled and reflected:
- Database Host: localhost
- Database Name: XEPDB1
- Database Port: 1521
- SYS Password: Password that you have assigned to Oracle 21c XE during the previous installation.
- DB connection test = SUCCESS > Click on Next
If you had any problems during the Oracle installation and you had to install it a second time, there could be another database name such as XEPDB2, XEPDB3, and so on. Check the Oracle installation folder to investigate if XEPDB1 doesn’t work, and you might find out that several Oracle installations have been performed before the current one.
- Database initialization should be OK > Click on Next
- Proceed to insert the relevant start pack > Click on Next
- The wizard will proceed to configure the database and complete the installation.
- Reboot the machine
You may use the Dualog Connection Suite system now.
Please sign in to leave a comment.