Dualog Webmail is a web-based platform that serves as a mode of email communication onboard a ship. A valid Dualog email address and password are required for login.
Dualog Webmail can be accessed on any computer onboard the networks. You will need to type either the computer name or the IP address of the computer.
The user will need to know the computer name (or IP address) of the Dualog Connection Suite computer. In your Web browser, enter the name/address of that computer (with prefix http://) in the address field, followed by /webmail - e.g:
Each Connection Suite user has a unique Internet e-mail address which is also the "User ID". The User ID and password are required to be able to login into the Connection Suite system.
Here you will use your User ID and password, then press "Login" to log in.
A prerequisite to accessing the Dualog WebMail is that you need to have a registered hire on the vessel you are onboard. (Applicable to roaming (crew) accounts).
This is not required for stationary (business) accounts.
Note: Do not click on “Keep me logged in” for shared computers.
WEBMAIL MAIN INTERFACE
- Toolbar: These features allow the user to:
- Refresh the inbox
- Compose emails
- Reply and reply to all recipients
- Forward emails
- Delete emails
- Mark emails as read, unread, flagged and unflagged
- More – Print emails, download emails, edit as new, and move or copy emails to a folder
- Search bar: Enter a search term and press <Enter> on the keyboard to start searching. To reset the search, click the clear icon on the right border of the search box.
- Contacts, settings, and logout:
- Contacts: Address book management
- Settings: For configuring the Webmail interface, folders, and signature.
- Logout: Terminating the Session. Once your work is done on the webmail application, it’s important that you properly terminate the current session by clicking the Logout icon in (1). This will make sure that no other person accessing your computer can read or delete your emails or send them on your behalf. Simply closing the browser window is not enough to log out!
4: Folders structure: You will be able to drag and drop emails into the folders.
5: Inbox and email preview pane: All emails will be shown in the inbox and the user will be able to preview the email on the right.
SETTINGS - PREFERENCES
In the Preferences interface, you will be able to make several changes to the webmail interface.
Click on “Preferences” and “User Interface”
The webmail is available in numerous languages. Switch it here if you like. When accessing the application, the language is automatically chosen from your computer’s operating system language.
- Time zone
Dates displayed anywhere (e.g. when a message is sent) will be automatically translated into your local time zone. Set this to Auto to let the system use your computer’s time zone settings or select a specific time zone from the list.
- Time format
Select how time (hours, minutes) are displayed.
- Date format
Select the format in which dates should be displayed.
- Pretty dates
With this option checked, dates close to today will be translated into relative terms like “Today”, “Yesterday”, etc.
Set the interval you want the system to check for updates (e.g. for new messages arrived)
- Handle popups as standard windows
Dualog Webmail opens messages or the compose form in a new window, this can either be a detached window with a smaller size and without toolbar buttons or, with this option activated, be a regular browser window or even just another tab in your current window. If enabled, all windows opened by the webmail application obey the settings of your browser.
To access your contacts you go to the Contacts tab in the top left corner of the main interface.
When selecting Contacts from the bar, the following windows will appear:
The Contacts window has two main sections:
- Add, change or delete groups (If access is granted)
- Overview of all contacts under each group
- To create a new contact you simply press the "+" sign in the Contacts windows and follow the instructions
Contacts are divided into four address book groups by default:
- Each user can have their personal address book which will be available only for the owner
- User Accounts
- Available for users within the company, if access is granted
- Available for users on the ship, if access is granted
- Available for users within the company, if access is granted
SETTINGS - FOLDERS
This section of the settings task allows you to manage the tree of mailbox folders.
The hierarchical folder tree is displayed in the middle list widget where you can select a single folder by clicking it. Folder information and some settings then appear in the right properties pane.
- SUBSCRIBE TO FOLDERS
In the folder list, the right column indicates whether a folder is subscribed and by clicking the checkbox, the subscription for that folder can be changed.
Subscribed folders appear in the email view whereas unsubscribed ones are hidden and only visible here.
- NEW FOLDER CREATION
- Click the Create New Folder icon (+) in the list footer
- Enter a name for the new folder in the properties form on the right
- Select a parent folder or — create the folder on top-level
- Click the Save button below the form to finally create it
Note: The Parent folder field is already pre-selected which is the folder currently selected in the folder list on the left.
- MANAGE GOLDER HIERARCHY
Folders can be nested to build a hierarchical structure to store your emails. Even an existing folder can be made a subfolder of another one or moved to the top level.
To move a folder drag & drop it with the mouse from the list onto the desired parent folder.
Alternatively, the parent folder can be selected in the property form on the right, and by hitting Save the currently selected folder is moved to its new parent.
- DELETE FOLDERS
- Select a folder in the list
- Open the Folder Actions menu in the list footer and click Delete
- Confirm the deletion
SETTINGS - IDENTITIES
The settings here control the name and email address stated as the sender when you send out email messages.
- Display name -The full name displayed in the recipient’s email program upon receiving your message
- Email - The Email field is visible but not editable. This is no malfunction, but a restriction set by the server administrator to prevent users from sending emails with faked sender addresses.
- Organization - This field displays the organization field when receiving messages from you with this filled out.
- Reply-to - Enter an email address that differs from the identity’s email address here in order to force recipients to send answers to that address instead of the sender's email address.
- Bcc - Specify an email address here that will receive blind copies of every message you send with this identity.
- Signature - Every sender identity can have its own signature text which will be appended to the message text when you start writing a new email message
- HTML signature - Check this option if you mainly send formatted (HTML) messages and to enable formatting of your signature. The text box above will then show a toolbar to adjust formatting.
- Save - Click Save after making the changes.
SETTINGS - RESPONSES
This settings section lets you manage your personal boilerplates (aka “canned responses”) which are handy when replying to messages with prepared responses.
- Edit Responses - The middle pane displays a list of saved responses. Select one to see its name and text in the form on the right. You can right away edit both and save the changes by clicking the Save button.
- Create a New Response - Click the + icon in the response list footer to create a new response. Give it a name, enter the response text and finish by clicking the Save button.
- Delete a Response - The Delete button also located in the response list footer will delete the currently selected item after displaying a confirmation dialog.
The Dualog Connection Suite WebMail system is hosted at Dualog Webmail.
Note: This access acts as an alternative if the onboard mail server is inaccessible or unavailable due to hardware or software issues.
Please check with your IT staff in charge if this feature is enabled. (Internet access is also required)
Once logged in successfully, the user may proceed with the email communications as per usual.
All custom folder structures and hierarchies that were previously present on the ship Dualog Connection Suite would not be reflected. Instead, all emails would be categorized based on the Month.
All sent emails made through shore Dualog webmail will not be synchronized or reflected back to the ship Dualog Connection Suite as well.