Dualog Connection Suite Office currently consists of the Dualog Address Book Replicator.
The Address Book Replicator makes it possible to replicate the company address book to the Dualog Cloud and all company ships. The component uses the LDAP protocol for standardized integration. This makes it easy to replicate address information from master data directories such as Microsoft Active Directory.
Server Operating Systems
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2012 (64-bit edition)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
Client operating systems
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8
- Windows 7 SP1
A server operating system is recommended.
Minimum hardware requirements for Dualog Connection Suite Office are:
- Processor: 1 GHz
- RAM: 512 MB
- Free disk space: 10 MB
Dualog Connection Suite Office requires an LDAP server supporting version 3 of the LDAP specification.
- Download and install the Dualog Office AddressBook Replicator.
- Launch the application.
- Configure Dualog Cloud with the following parameters:
- Dualog Cloud Service URL: https://api.dualog.net/api/v1/company/addressbook
- Username: [This needs to be a valid Dualog connection suite account created on the Apps portal]
- Password: [Password of the Dualog connection suite account created on the Apps portal]
- Authentication Service URL: https://auth.dualog.net/connect/token
- Please note that the account must be assigned on both account permission and CS group level that has write access to the webmail - company address book
- Configure LDAP replications based on the following references:
- Ensure that the "Enable LDAP replication" check box is enabled in order for replication to be done.
- Click the "Use SSL" option in order to use a secure socket connection (TLS) to the LDAP
- Select the wanted authentication option:
- Anonymous: use anonymous Bind to the LDAP server (does not use username and password)
- Basic: use normal Bind to the LDAP server (uses username and password)
- Digest: use Digest Access Authentication to the LDAP server (uses username and password)
- NTLM: use Windows NT Challenge/Response (NTLM) authentication to the LDAP server (uses username and password)
- Negotiate: use Microsoft Negotiate authentication to the LDAP server (uses username and password)
- Depending on your directory information three schemas, you may need to adjust the Search Filter setting.
- Enter a Search Base corresponding to the directory information tree structure in your LDAP
- Click the select attributes button in order to select which attributes are replicated to Dualog Cloud.
- Configure the LDAP replication task.
Dualog Connection Suite Office uses the Windows Task Scheduler in order to schedule a regular replication between your LDAP directory service and Dualog Cloud.
The Dualog Connection Suite Office Installer will automatically create a disabled scheduled task running the replication task daily every four hours.
- Right-click on the Replication task icon on the main dashboard to enable the scheduled task.
LOGGING AND MONITORING
The Dualog Connection Suite Office may be monitored by watching the log files created under the Logs subfolder (default in the %ProgramData%\Dualog folder).
You may change the Log folder by clicking the Logs icon in the Dualog Connection Suite Office Control Panel and then clicking the Log to file system button.
WARNING: Enabling the Debug or Verbose logging levels may produce excessive amounts of log data. Use these logging levels for support purposes only.
Logging may also be done to the Windows Event Log.
Enable logging to the Windows Event Log by clicking the Logs icon in the Dualog Connection Suite Office Control Panel and then selecting the Log to Windows Event Log checkbox.
The files in the Config data folder should undergo backup on a regular basis.
No configuration data is stored in the Windows Registry.
- How can replication be triggered manually?
- The replication may be triggered at any time simply by running the application itself.
- What kind of LDAP servers are supported?
- The product has been tested against the Microsoft Active Directory and OpenDJ LDAP directory servers.
- I get "LDAP Operations Error" when performing replication
- This could be caused by attempting to replicate an attribute that the LDAP directory server does not support.
- I get "Authorization has been denied for this request" when performing a replication
- This error is most likely caused by the Dualog user not having the Webmail Company Address Book function access enabled