In order to properly uninstall the ESET Antivirus distributed by Dualog, an external tool will be needed. This tool will wipe off every part of the Antivirus and prepare the PC for a new installation, if needed.
This document describes the steps that need to be followed in order to complete the uninstallation. Bear in mind that rebooting the computer in Safe Mode is mandatory.
- Download esetuninstaller.exe and place on the desktop of the computer where the ESET you wish to remove is installed
- Press the Window key + the "R" key on the keyboard
- The "Run" window will pop up
- Type "msconfig" > Click on "OK"
5. Under the Boot tab, check the "Safe boot" box.
6. Click on "Restart" (The machine will now reboot in safe mode)
7. Once the computer has restarted in safe mode, double-click on the esetuninstaller.exe to initiate the uninstallation procedure
8. Press the "Y" key on the keyboard and verify that the ESET product installed on your machine is ESET Endpoint Antivirus
9. Press 1 and hit "Enter"
10. Press Y again to confirm that you wish to uninstall the ESET Endpoint Antivirus
11. Once the uninstallation is completed, press any key to exit
12. Press the Window icon + "R" on the keyboard
13. The System Configuration window will pop up
14. Type "msconfig" > Click on "OK"
15. Select "Normal Startup" > Click on "OK"
16. Click on "Restart" (The machine will now boot into normal mode)