The following document serves as a guide to perform an IMAP restore.
If you have a computer crash or changing to a new computer and have a valid IMAP backup, then you can use this procedure to restore your mail content.
IMAP BACKUP RESTORE
- Ensure that you have a valid IMAP backup, by having at least the following files:
If the backup contains several GB of mail you should have more than just the two files above. This is an example of a regular IMAP backup of decent size:
- Login to Dualog Connection Suite
- Click on the menu > Technical Setup > IMAP Backup > Restore Backup
- Specify the full directory where the above files are stored, specifically the .archive file (Example: C:\backup\imapmailstore.dualogbackup.archive)
- After you have specified the full backup directory, click on "Restore Backup" to start restoring the IMAP backup.
- The IMAP service will proceed with the unpacking and restoring in the background, where emails may start appearing in the inbox gradually.