In cases where a large amount of data is to be synchronized to the ships, data may be delivered on a USB stick or similar and imported locally on the destination client.
For this purpose, a feature called Proactive Data Import is created.
Dualog Drive needs to be on version 6.0 and above. To verify the existing version:
- Login to https://apps.dualog.com/ with your account
- Click on Menu, located on the top left corner
- Select Drive
- Click on the "Installations" tab
- Check on the value under Version number/installation date
- If the version is below 6.0, click on "update" to update the Drive version remotely on the required machine(s)
- If the version is 6.0 and above, proceed with the next section of the article
- On the destination client, locate <install_folder>\DualogDrive\DualogDrive.Sync.Client\DataImport (By default, Drive is installed under C:\Dualog)
- Copy files into the folder (Do not include the folder(s))
Files will be imported to the storage for the deduplication transfer protocol. After adding data to the storage, files will be deleted from the said folder.
When this data is to be downloaded, the protocol will recognise this data as already available, and create the files without having to download them.
Any data can be stored in this folder and help the system to reduce bandwidth usage.
Be aware that subfolders will not be imported, so make sure all files are copied to the DataImport root folder.