If a crew member on board has forgotten the password for their personal user account, it is possible to reset it on board according to the privileges set on the Master account or the main vessel account on board.
- PASSWORD RESET PROCEDURE (CREW)
- Click on "Forgot password".
3. Click on "Request password reset" (Note: Crew may amend their email address here if there is any spelling error).
4. The password reset request will be sent to any account that has the privileges to approve it, usually the Master account or the vessel main account onboard.
- PASSWORD RESET APPROVAL PROCEDURE (CAPTAIN)
1. Master will now need to login to Dualog Connection Suite with an account that has sufficient privileges to grant the password reset request.
2. Click on the "Bell Notification"
3. The password reset request will be displayed. Master will now be able to click on it and grant the request.
Note: If the "Request password" request is not available, it means that by company standard, the account that is being used to log on Connection Suite does not have enough privileges to manipulate users passwords. Please contact your company for further clarification.
4. The list of the pending password reset request will be shown here, where Master may click on the checkbox for individual crew account for approval.
5. Upon selecting the respective crew accounts, click on "Approve"
6. Once the password reset request is approved, the crew user may proceed to login with the default password, which is their full email address. (Example: firstname.lastname@example.org, password: email@example.com)
7. The crew will be required to change their password upon initial login.