TABLE OF CONTENT
Configuring Drive to use SharePoint requires multiple steps:
- Setting up Azure Active Directory for SharePoint Integration
- 1.1 - Find your Tenant ID
- 1.2 - Create a new Application
- 1.3 - Setting up permissions
- 1.4 - Setting up Secrets
- Setting up SharePoint Integration
- 2.1 - Set up SharePoint Connection
- 2.2 - Select SharePoint drive
- Configure Drive to use SharePoint
1. SETTING UP AZURE ACTIVE DIRECTORY
To be able to integrate Dualog Drive with your organization, below are the initial steps that need to be available in your Azure Active Directory:
1.1 FIND YOUR TENANT ID
For the Dualog Drive SharePoint Integration to work, you need the have the Tenant ID available. The Tenant ID can be found under Properties in the Microsoft Azure Portal:
Note: Do safeguard this ID for future use.
For more information about the Tenant ID, click on the official Microsoft link below:
1.2 CREATE A NEW APPLICATION
Under App registrations, you must create a new registration. The following values must be added:
- Display name - Add a descriptive Display name
- Supported account types - Select desired account type
When entering the application properties, please take note of the Application Id (Client Id).
Other values are optional (client credentials/secrets are added in 1.4 Setting up secrets)
1.3 SETTING UP PERMISSIONS
For Dualog Drive SharePoint integration to work properly, you must give the application the needed permissions:
1.4 SETTING UP SECRETS
Finally, you need to create a secret to be used for the Dualog Drive SharePoint Integration: Press New Client Secret, give the secret a description and an expiration time, then press Add.
Take a copy of the value and keep it for later.
IMPORTANT: Copy the Value and not the Secret ID
The Client secret must be added to the configuration of the SharePoint Integration in Dualog Portal (2.1 Set up Sharepoint Connection).
For more information (Contact your site admin for assistance):
2. SETTING UP SHAREPOINT INTEGRATION
Multiple SharePoint integrations can be configured for your organization. These configurations can then be used to set up Drive to use SharePoint as a source for Sync tasks. Setting up SharePoint Integration is only available from the Drive configuration within the Dualog Portal.
Important: This configuration is only available for Sync tasks with an office installation as the source.
2.1 SET UP SHAREPOINT CONNECTION
The first step is to configure the connection to SharePoint. The following values must be added. How to find/create these parameters are described in Setting up Azure Active Directory for Sharepoint Integration.
- Tenant ID
A global UID for your organization inside Microsoft Azure AD.
- Client ID
Global UID credential required for Drive cloud to authenticate with your SharePoint (together with the Client Secret). This is the value created in section 1.2 (Create New Application)
- Client Secret
Password to use together with the Client ID for Drive to get a token to use accessing SharePoint. (As described in section 1.4 (Setting up secrets).
- Integration Name
Give the integration a descriptive name.
- Upon logging into the Dualog Portal > Click on Create Drive Task
- Specify One-Way Sync > Office to ship > Single or multiple ships > Individual or same folder > Create task > Edit Source
- Select Integration > Click Add new Integration to start setting up a SharePoint integration.
- The config window will appear > Add the values and click on Verify Integration:
- Verify Integration will try to set up a connection to SharePoint, using the configured values.
Note: If some of the parameters added are wrong, an error message will appear, and the “Add Integration” button will remain disabled. Verify values and try again.
6. When a configuration is correctly added, the window will expand, and SharePoint drives can be added.
2.2 SELECT SHAREPOINT DRIVE
The last step in configuring SharePoint Integration is to select what folders in SharePoint this integration is allowed to use. We recommend setting up dedicated folders for Dualog Drive use.
With a SharePoint connection successfully defined, the Site and drive can be selected from the dropdowns.
At this point, you may add a new SharePoint drive or update an existing one.
3. CONFIGURE DRIVE TO USE SHAREPOINT
When SharePoint integration is set up, Drive can be configured to use this as a source or destination for Sync task
- Select the appropriate SharePoint configuration(s) from the list.
- After selecting the correct SharePoint integration, you will be asked to enter SharePoint Drive and a path to synchronize data to or from.
- In the example below, SharePoint is the source, but the same process will be valid for SharePoint as the destination:
- SharePoint Drive: Drives related to the integration selected. If the SharePoint config is configured correctly, you can select it from the dropdown.
- Path: Specify the path from where files are to be synchronized. ( / has to be indicated for Sharepoint Integration )
IMPORTANT: Do not include the full path. Root path and SharePoint Drive shall NOT be included in the path. If folders/subfolders are missing, Dualog Drive will create the path.