The following document serves as a guide to configure IMAP backup and restoration of emails.
IMAP Backup automatically backs up all email, both crew mail and business mail, on the Dualog Mail Server. Once configured, the IMAP Backup will run on a daily or weekly basis and will back up all mail same time, same day of the week.
IMAP backup has a maximum threshold of 2 full backups.
- IMAP BACKUP CONFIGURATION
- Login to Dualog Connection Suite
- Click on the Support tab, then on Backup
- On the "Config" tab, it is possible to Enable the backup procedure (1) and choose how often and when the backup procedure will be initiated (2).
- To specify the location where the backup will be saved, click on the Add button (3) on the bottom right corner of the current window and a popup will appear, where the IMAP bakcup folder can be specified (4) in it entirety (we suggest C:\Dualogbackup).
!!!IMPORTANT!!! If the IMAP backup directory points to a network drive, the user running the Windows Service called 'Dualog Connection Suite IMAP Service' needs to have read/write access to the directory to be able to place there.
- Once the IMAP backup folder has been specified, click on Save and on Save again on the main window.
- Tick the IMAP4 box next to the newly created IMAP backup directory (5).
- To manually initiate an IMAP backup, click on the Create IMAP backup link on the bottom left corner of the current window. To verify the status of the IMAP backup operation, click on the Backup Reports tab on top right corner of the current window.
- You can also navigate to the specified IMAP backup folder (in our example, C:\Dualogbackup) and verify that a dualog backup file has been created. The IMAP backup process will create a minimum of two files, named:
If the IMAP repository on board already contains several GB of mail, other files will appear, such as:
and so forth. This is normal and indicates that the automatic IMAP backup procedure is working as intended.
Depending on the amount of mail already stored on the IMAP server on board, the entire procedure can last from a few minutes to several hours. Remember that the IMAP backup will include all mail history of the vessel from the beginning of time until the moment the IMAP backup was initiated. Any subsequent mail will only be included in the following backup.