This guide describes the necessary steps to install the latest version of Dualog Connection Suite. The PC where Dualog Connection Suite is going to be installed will be referred to as "Dualog PC".
- The Dualog PC must match the current System Requirements.
- Any preexisting installation of Dualog Connection Suite and its related modules need to be uninstalled from the Dualog PC. (Including Oracle)
- A Dualog Connection Suite full installer file
- A Dualog Startpack that matches the Connection Suite version that is going to be installed.
- A vessel that has been created on the Dualog Apps portal.
- Double click on the setup x86/x64 installer > Click "Yes"
- Click “Next” to proceed with the setup wizard > Agree to the terms of the agreement
- Browse and select the destination folder that the Dualog Connection Suite should be installed.
- Click "Next" > A popup window will appear and prompt that Port 80 is available for Dualog Web Server > Click "Yes" (In the unlikely event that port 80 is occupied by something else, choose port 81 and click on OK, then in the following window click on “Next”.)
- Browse and select the local directory that the MailStore folder should be installed > Click "Next"
- You will be now prompted to choose if you want to install Oracle XE as a part of the installation. (Make sure that the Archive Log checkbox is ticked and click on the Install button.)
- After the installation, click “Yes” or "No" (Required if Network Control is configured)
- Upon completion, click on “Next” and "OK" to initiate the Oracle XE installation.
ORACLE 11g EXPRESS EDITION INSTALLATION PROCEDURE
- On the InstallShield Wizard for Oracle Database 11g Express Edition welcome window, click Next.
- Click on “I accept the terms in the license agreement” and click on “Next”.
- Browse and select the destination folder where Oracle 11g will be installed > Click "Next".
- When prompted to enter and confirm a password for the database, please enter any desired password.
- Confirm the password, click “Next” and "Install" to proceed with the installation.
- After installation, the installer will configure and initialize the database. When you see the “Database Initialization OK” window, click on “Next”.
- You are now requested to insert the StartPack file. Click on the “…” button, navigate to where the StartPack file is located on your computer and click on Next.
- The installer will proceed to insert Start Pack and finalize the setup, which may take a few minutes.
- You may be prompted to allow the Apache service through the Windows Firewall. Select all options (Private networks and Public networks) and click on the “Allow access” button. Complete the installation.
- You will be asked if you want to reboot the PC now. Click on "Reboot Now".
After the PC has rebooted, test all Dualog functionalities (send and receive emails, test internet surfing, register crew onboard where applicable) and if you notice something out of ordinary, please contact your IT department or Dualog support @+47 7762 1911
If this is not a new installation of Connection Suite (Eg: Re-installation or server migration) and you possess an IMAP backup that needs to be restored for historic emails, please proceed with IMAP restoration.
If you are preparing a reinstallation, remember to perform an IMAP backup before uninstalling Connection Suite.
If you are planning to install the Dualog ESET Antivirus solution on the Dualog PC, you can proceed here, after the installation of the Dualog Connection Suite.
Article is closed for comments.