Connection Suite is a conglomerate of modules held together by a database running in the background. This database, known as Oracle, is running independently from Connection Suite and needs to be uninstalled separately when completely removing Connection Suite from the Dualog PC.
It is critical that each uninstallation step is thoroughly followed to be able to prospectively reinstall Connection Suite on the same computer. Skipping a step might cause issues during the reinstallation procedure.
Oracle is one of the most widely used databases in the world and it might be in use by other applications on the same PC that can be disrupted if Oracle is uninstalled. Please verify with your IT department if there are other applications or programs sharing Oracle with Dualog before proceeding.
To perform the following procedure, you must have complete access to the Dualog machine ( find the physical Dualog PC onboard.)
When you are ready to begin, please proceed in strict numerical order by following the steps below.
- Click on the Windows search icon, then locate the Control Panel and click on it.
- On the top-right corner of the Control Panel window, select “View by Category”.
- Under the “Programs” category at the bottom left of the list, click on “Uninstall a program”.
- Locate the ”Oracle Database 11g Express Edition” program, click on it with the right mouse button and select “Uninstall”.
- Click “Yes” on the pop-up window that will appear. At this point, the automatic Oracle uninstall process will begin.
- Once you see the “Uninstall complete” popup window, please click on the “Finish” button.
- Do not reboot the PC yet.
REMOVING THE ORACLE REGISTRY ENTRIES
- Click on the Windows start button, then type “Regedit” on the “Search programs and files” field and a window called “Registry Editor will appear.
- Right-click on the ORACLE that can be found on either of the following (Double-click on each folder to expand further)
- Right-click on it and click Delete
- Click Yes to proceed with the deletion
REMOVING THE ENVIRONMENTAL VARIABLES
- Click on the Windows start button, then type “System” on the “Search programs and files” field”.
- Look for a program called “System” under the “Control Panel” section and hit enter. You will now see a window listing the basic information about your computer and a big windows logo on the top right section.
- Click on the “Advanced system settings” > Select “Environmental Variables”
- Under system variables, locate and delete any entry named “NLS_LANG”, “ORACLE_HOME” and ORACLE_SID” by clicking on it (highlighting the row) and clicking on the “Delete” button on the left column.
- Do not delete the PATH variable itself
- Click on the “OK” button, then again the “OK” button.
- If you can’t find one or more of them, don’t worry. It just means that they have already been deleted.
You can now reboot the Dualog PC. The uninstallation is complete.
If you are uncertain about any of the above, do not hesitate to contact Dualog Support.
Please sign in to leave a comment.