This guide describes the necessary steps to install the latest version of Dualog Connection Suite. The PC where Dualog Connection Suite is going to be installed will be referred as "Dualog PC".
|The Dualog PC must match the current System Requirements.|
|Any preexisting installation of Dualog Connection Suite and its related modules need to be uninstalled from the Dualog PC.|
|A Full Dualog Connection Suite installer file (usually named setup_x64_[version number] or setup_x86_[version number].|
|A Dualog Startpack that matches the Connection Suite version that is going to be installed.|
- INSTALLATION PROCEDURE
- Doubleclick on the setup_x64_2.32.002.exe. If you receive an error stating that your Operative System is not compatible with this version, doubleclick the setup_x86_2.32.002.exe file.
- Click on “Yes” on the following pop-up dialogue box.
- Click on “Next”, then on “I Agree”, then on “Next”.
- You will see a popup window confirming that Port 80 is available for Dualog Web Server. In the unlikely event that the port 80 is occupied by something else, choose port 81 and click on OK, then in the following window click on “Next”.
- You will be now prompted to choose if you want to install Oracle XE as a part of the installation. Make sure that Archive Log are ticked and click on the Install button.
- After a minute or so you will be asked to choose if you want to install the Duacore Pro service. Click on “Yes”.
- At the Installation Complete window, click on “Next”, then on OK. At this point the Oracle database installation procedure will begin.
- ORACLE 11g EXPRESS EDITION INSTALLATION PROCEDURE
- On the InstallShield Wizard for Oracle Database 11g Express Edition welcome window, click on Next.
- Click on “I accept the terms in the license agreement” and click on “Next”, then “Next” again.
- When prompted to enter and confirm a password for the database, write the following password: oracle
- Confirm the password and click “Next”, then click on the Install button. When the install procedure is complete, click on the “Finish” button.
- When you see the “Database Initialization OK” window, click on “Next”.
- You are now requested to insert the StartPack file. Click on the “…” button, navigate to where the StartPack file is located on your computer and click on Next.
- You will be prompted to allow the Apache service through the Windows Firewall. Select all options (Private networks and Public networks) and click on the “Allow access” button. Complete the installation.
- You will be asked if you want to reboot the PC now. Click on "Reboot Now".
After the PC has rebooted, test all Dualog functionalities (send and receive emails, test internet surfing, register crew on board where applicable) and if you notice something out of ordinary, please contact your IT department or Dualog support @77621911
If this is not a new installation of Connection Suite and you possess an IMAP backup that needs to be restored, you can start the procedure anytime now. If you are preparing a reinstallation, remember to perform an IMAP backup before uninstalling Connection Suite.
If you are planning to install the Dualog ESET Antivirus solution on the Dualog PC, you can start the procedure anytime now.