Connection Suite is a conglomerate of modules held together by a database running in the background. This database, known as Oracle, is running independently from Connection Suite and needs to be uninstalled separately when completely removing Connection Suite from the Dualog PC. It is critical that each uninstallation steps is thoroughly followed to be able to prospectively reinstall Connection Suite on the same computer. Skipping a step might cause issues during the reinstallation procedure.
Oracle is one of the most widely used databases in the world and it might be in use by other applications on the same PC that can be disrupted if Oracle is uninstalled. Please verify with your IT department if there are other applications or programs sharing Oracle with Dualog before proceeding.
- PRELIMINARY STEPS
Please locate the Dualog PC on board. You will need to have full access to that computer in order to perform the following procedure.
Once you are ready to begin, please follow the following steps in rigorous numerical order.
- Click on the Windows start button, then locate the Control Panel and click on it.
- On top-right corner of the Control Panel window, select “View by: Category”.
- Under the “Programs” category at the bottom left of the list, click on “Uninstall a program” .
- Locate the ”Oracle Database 11g Express Edition” program, click on it with the right mouse button and select “Uninstall”.
- Click “Yes” on the pop-up window that will appear. At this point, the automatic Oracle uninstall process will begin.
- Once you see the “Uninstall complete” popup window, please click on the “Finish” button. Do not reboot the PC yet.
- REMOVING THE DUALOG REGISTRY ENTRIES
- Click on the Windows start button, then type “regedit” on the “Search programs and files” field and hit enter. You will now see a window called “Registry Editor”.
- On the left side pane, expand the “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE by clicking on the tiny right-facing arrow besides the name, then expand the folder SOFTWARE.
- If, under SOFTWARE, you see a folder called “Oracle”, click on it with the right mouse button and choose “Delete”. Click on “OK” on the pop-up dialogue box that will appear.
- REMOVING THE ENVIRONMENTAL VARIABLES
- Click on the Windows start button, then type “system” on the “Search programs and files” field”. Look for a program called “System” under the “Control Panel” section and hit enter. You will now see a window listing the basic information about your computer and a big windows logo on the top right section.
- Click on the “Advanced system settings” option on the left pane.
- On the “System Properties” windows that appears, click on the “Environmental Variables” button.
- Delete any entry named “NLS_LANG”, “ORACLE_HOME” and ORACLE_SID” from the “System Variables” list by clicking on it (highlighting the row) and clicking on the “Delete” button on the left column. Click on the “OK” button, then again the “OK” button. If you can’t find one or more of them, don’t worry. It just means that they have already been deleted.
You can now reboot the Dualog PC. The uninstallation is complete.